Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Baby got middle

If you've been reading my blog at all, you know my struggle with getting out of the 180's. Ever since I gained weight (a total of 70 pounds over the course of around 15 years), I have never lost down below 184. The height of my...vast large-ness was in January at a whopping 205 pounds. I know, right? OMG. Not to mention that I am only 5'3 which made 205 appear way larger than what it seems. I am thinking those horrible fun house mirrors at the carnival had nothing on my frame back in January. And the suckiest part of me gaining weight is that I gain it all from my waist up. My stomach and face take all the weight. Why can't I look like one of the Kardashians and have a killer badonkadonk or Shakira's hips that don't lie? But no. God blessed me with the apple shape. Baby got back? Um, no, this baby ain't got back. This baby got middle. I changed the lyrics - "You can do side bends or sit ups...but please don't loose that gut. Dial 1-800-Muffin-Top and kick those nasty thoughts...baby got middle." Sir-Mix-A-Lot would be so enthused.    
But today, the scale was my friend. I am down to 182! Almost out of the 180s. But, considering I have a big party coming up this weekend (where there will be lots of Southern food goodness, along with cocktails galore), I really don't want to blow it.

So, what is my plan?

Dance my ass off to "Baby Got Back"...
and maybe entertain the crowd with my new lyrics.  

No comments:

Post a Comment