Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sending me messages...

So, apparently my cellular device is trying to send me a message.

In today's high tech modern world, things often go array. Or perhaps the diet gods are living in my cell phone and trying to send me a message that I quite literally will receive. Because there is a definitely a higher power at work via my cell phones predictive text. I'm pretty sure it isn't God. I mean, because He isn't too concerned with my weight loss...I mean, with global warming and literally keeping up with the Kardashians, I'm pretty sure he's busy.
So allow me to tell you exactly what has been going on with my cell phone. It has this handy little help-me-out tool called predictive text. It is supposed to correctly guess what word I am attempting to text. Now, considering the vastness of the English language, many times the predictive text is a bit off. And for that reason, I am often forgiving and continue to use predictive text. For instance, when I try to spell "me", my cell phone often wants to spell "of". Not a big deal. But here lately, I've been noticing a common theme in the errors of certain words and phrases. For instance...
When I want to spell the word "eat" my cell phone spells "fat".
When I want to spell the world "food" my cell phone spells "done".
I am so not kidding.

And to get even a little more creative...
If I try to spell lazy, it spells jazz (as in "don't be lazy...jazzercise!")

Dear predictive text,
I got the freakin' message.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment