Thursday, July 21, 2011

I'm about to become that girl

My relationship with the 180s? In the words of Kristen Cavalari (aka skinny bitch) from MTV's Laguna Beach...we are so "dunzo". For those of you who have apparently grown out of watching teenage reality shows, that means I'm done. Finished.
I am so freakin' tired of stepping on the scales only to see something that starts with 18(filll in the blank). Seriously? I'm to the point now where I am about to go into what I call serious call-me-crazy-if-you-want-to mode. You know the one, right? When you are out with your girlfriends, she's the one that orders the skinny margarita version while everyone else is downing the double-straw fish bowl size margarita. The one that orders some sort of vinaigrette while everyone else is like "can order some ranch dressing with a side of salad" and the one who eats fruit as if it is a real a dessert option. You know her. We all know her. Because we hate her. And why do we hate her? Because she is loosing weight. And it is working for her. And we are all jealous bitches, aren't we? Secretly wishing we had that kind of self-control.
Well, I am about to be that girl. You can hate me if you want to. Heck, I may even hate me for a little while. I'm about to be a water-drinkin', salad eatin', lean protein cookin', fruit snackin' girl. I'm not going to go all crazy and do the stupid things people do to loose weight (only to put it back on weeks later). I can promise you that I may become the girl I mentioned above, but rest assured I will never be the girl who gives up carbs (um...do you want me to go on a killing spree in the dessert cake aisle at Wal-Mart? I didn't think so.) I will never be the girl who completely gives up sweet tea (wouldn't I loose my Southern accent? That is, in fact, what gives us our accent right?) But I am talking about seriously giving a second thought about everything I eat, drink and...well...think. Because here lately I am beginning to believe that the mere thought about cheese fries makes my waist size increase an inch. And, (insert big ARG! here) I am talking about getting back on the fitness bandwagon. I've managed to have lost between 19-20 pounds since January, but since around about April or so, I haven't ran even once. I could blame it on a injury, but that injury cleared up within a couple of weeks...and I still haven't moved my butt off the couch. So, Jillian Michaels and your evil DVD...it's go time.
I'll keep you posted. Hopefully the 170's will make their debut. Soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment