Saturday, April 16, 2011

Goin' all Taylor Swift on ya...part one

If you are even remotely aware of who Taylor Swift is, you know that she is famous for calling out dudes she's dated in her love songs. I like that about her. Taylor isn't mysterious. She puts it out there. I'm like her in that way. I often times wish I were more mysterious like those cool girls in the movies. But I'm just not like that. I will tell you what I think (probably with more words than are required) and I rarely keep my feelings to myself.
So - I thought it might be fun to write a little something about some of the guys I've dated (or not dated). The purpose is pure fun and entertainment. Some guys I am leaving out for that reason. But...for your entertainment...here goes my first installment of "Goin' all Taylor Swift on ya". Sit back - grab some popcorn (or cheese fries) and enjoy.
P.S. Names have been changed.

Freddy - First guy I ever held hands with. Aww. And, why yes, it was at the local skating rink. And he was such a good skater. He could even skate backwards. I really knew how to pick the good guys back then. We held hands so long...we got the sweaty hands. Kinda gross. But for an 11 year old, it was totally cool.

Bradley - First guy I phone stalked. You know, where you call and hang up like 14 times trying to get up enough courage to utter a word. (But instead you just breathe heavily on the other end.) Somehow me and Bradley ended up on some sort of school bus road trip together. I annoyingly punched him in the arm every time we passed by a BP gas station (his initials) and said, "Hey! BP!" Come to think of it, I'm not surprised he avoided me every time I passed him in the hallway of my middle school. But shouldn't I have gotten some kind of credit for being creative and using his name while being annoying?

Justin - Oh Justin. He's still hot. Seriously. (But a major jerk - at least the last contact I had with him he was.) He was the first guy to get me a balloon with a teddy bear in it (so cool in 1990). If a stuffed balloon isn't love, please tell me what is. (P.S. We also had a lot of super-hot hand holding sessions in the local movie theatre.) Good thing I have no idea where he is now. Because I'd probably be stupid enough to date him again. (Still can't get over the balloon.)
 
Randall - First guy I seriously thought I wanted to marry. (I was 12). I took piano lessons from his sister just to hang out with him. (Desperate much?) I rode my first roller coaster just to impress him. I begged our band director to let me hold his sheet music during the football games. It was quite pitiful. And I thought I would die when I found out he liked someone so much older (16). I had enough guts to call him and just ask him point blank: will you be my boyfriend? He said no. Fast forward: He was 3 years older than me and when I became a little bit older, he asked me out. Guess who said no this time?

Bobby - First guy I ever really kissed. And it was a Valentine's Day party. How perfect was that? Such a good kisser. (Probably still is. Damn him!) And that perfect kiss led to my first ever heartache. Still randomly see him out and around. And still blush.

Tom - Sweetest guy friend ever. The guy friend you wanted to like enough to date, but for some reason, just couldn't. And now, he's the guy I wish I would have at least went out on one date with. He's married now to such a sweet girl and has a wonderful family. (Insert me kicking myself in the butt and insert him probably laughing hysterically right now.) It's ok. I deserve it.

Daniel - The guy that you knew loved you but you didn't love back. (Believe it or not, that sucks way worse than being the one who isn't being loved back.) I don't wanna get all Hallmark-moment on my readers...but this one could quite literally bring me to tears. I recently found an old letter he wrote to me in which he told me he thought I was the prettiest girl in the world and that he wanted to be my big teddy bear. (I sat in my living room floor and cried.) SO wish I could go back in time. Biggest regret. But...he is happily married now. And I couldn't be happier for him. He deserves it. Because I surely don't deserve him.

Allen - I was a freshmen. He was a senior. Such a big deal. (This was during a temporary move to another high school.) It was like a scene from an awesome teen drama movie. He'd pick me up in his black camaro from school and we'd ride off into the sunset (well, not the sunset, but that sounded good anyway.) He was the first guy to ever buy me flowers for my birthday (and a puppy). He was sorta stalker-ish though. I can remember being sick one day and he knocked on the door and I saw soup in his hands...and I didn't answer the door. (Seriously? What was wrong with me? I think I drove the good ones away.) But, granted, he was very clingy. I broke up with him shortly after. And then he wrote me the words to a REM song in a letter. And he told me he loved me. My response: "No, you actually don't." Wow. I was a harsh.

Hope you've enjoyed this first installment. (:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment