Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My letter to the 190s

Dear 190's,
I'll start out nice...We had a wild time didn't we? All those late nights eating whatever was in the fridge. All those McDonald's breakfast meals we ate...what was our favorite again? Oh yes...I remember...a sausage, egg and cheese biscuit, large sweet tea and let's not forget the hash brown. I can recall cleaning my car out every week and finding a multitude of fast food bags and cups. I was a lot embarrassed when I'd throw them away. But, then again, we never were ones to hesitate to order cheese fries or anything else on the menu. That just wasn't our style. We were drawn like magnets to anything cheesy, creamy or fatty. 
We've hung out for quite awhile over the last year or so. And while we shared some (seemingly) good times...I have to admit, you kinda got on my nerves. There towards the end, you were growing more and more annoying and frustrating. And you didn't really get the hint: I wanted to end our relationship. But you just kept hanging around, hoping I'd forget you were there. But I never forgot. And you stuck around for what seemed like forever. So many times, I often wished you'd just go away. (But you could have left the cheese fries; I wouldn't have complained.) I hated looking at your face on the scale. To be honest, I grew to despise you.
Unfortunately, you didn't take the hint. You couldn't just make things easy and...well...disappear could you? No. You made me make all the effort, didn't you? You just thought I'd give in and say, "This is too hard. I may as well just keep 190s around." Well, I didn't give in. (Even though you hovered around my life for months.) You have had your time in my life. And now, I must say my farewell to you.
Know you will not be missed. Know you are no longer welcome. And I will never see you again. 
Peace out,
Danielle

To my blogger friends,
That's right...currently in the 180s! Whoo hoo! Since January, I've lost a grand total of 17 pounds. Remember, I topped the scales at 205. (Oh. My. Gosh.) My next goal is the 170s. (Haven't seen those since...well...can't even remember.) When I recently got on the scales, I sang the Hallelujah chorus and did a little dance (true story). I stayed in the 190s for so long. Too long. Farewell 190s!

1 comment: