Sunday, April 10, 2011

You too should reward yourself!

Finally! A future gift to myself to get excited about! 

Anyone who knows me knows that I love anything artsy or creative. I love stumbling upon little boutique shops and the unique gifts that lay hidden inside like treasures waiting to be found. And now my weight loss journey and my creative world collide. 

I was perusing the other day when I had some time to kill and ran upon the cutest little stationary store...here is their logo:
 
Cute, right? And what a neat concept for a store! Very...well...my taste. And it appealed to me even more because this is the exact color I want to paint my spare bedroom. So, of course, I had to walk in. And I could hear everything in there speaking my language. You know the movie "Confessions of a Shopaholic" where the mannequins come alive? I felt like that - the pieces of stationary and cute lamps were saying "Buy me! You love me! Don't you want me?" And then...one item spoke above the rest and then I found...in a random store...my inspiration...for a weight loss goal.



Goals are important. I don't care how cliche it is. I don't care how cheesy making goals are. I make them. And here lately, I've actually completed a few...kinda new for me. I think rewarding oneself is the best way to achieve a goal. My psychology degree taught me that much. You reward positive behavior. One of my first major goals in weight loss is to get down into the 170s. (I haven't seen the 170s...well...since maybe Brittney's first mental health breakdown.) And I needed to find a way to reward myself - something to work towards. (Other than cheese fries) And what does this have to do with Mrs. Post? Well, it just so happens that Mrs. Post has this adorable piece of wonderfulness in her vicinity...


LOVE it! Turquoise is my fav. Owls are also a current fav (very "in" right now in the design world). Now, for me, being the design junkie I am...I just found my future reward. 

You can't really tell in the picture, but it's a big frame. And it's $38. I know what you are thinking - "For a freakin' picture frame?" And I know - it's a little ridiculous. But am I still going to purchase it for myself when I get down into the 170s? Heck yes I am. Will I feel guilty? Nope.  Will you be jealous when you see how cute it is in my home? I hope so. (-:

Yay for design. And super-yay for design when it can be incorporated into me accomplishing a goal! And I'll keep you updated when this makes its way into my living room.

P.S. Mrs. Post is located 3092 Poplar Avenue in Memphis, Tennessee, in a rather large shopping center. You are missing out if you don't drop by and see all its wonderfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment