Thursday, March 24, 2011

I can't quit you cheese fry

Cheese fry - meet my blogger friends. Blogger friends - meet cheese fry.

I have a love/hate relationship with cheese fry. We fight - I tell him how bad he is for me. We break up - I swear him off for good. Then, the next thing you know, we are sitting in front of the television, watching a great 80's movie, reminiscing on old memories and things are good again. Then I realize how utterly bad cheese fry is for me. He (yes, I am referring to cheese fry as a male) makes me feel bad on the inside - and let's face it - he wreaks havoc on my life. How is it possible I can feel both good and bad with cheese fry? But then, he tells me all the things I want to hear like "you know you want me" and the truth is: I DO. Cheese fry is especially delightful in the late-night hours. And when he shows up with spicy ranch dressing - there is no willpower in me to say no. There is no denying my love with cheese fry. Cheese fry brings me temporary comfort and pleasure but also leaves an overwhelming sense of "I shouldn't have done that" in the morning. Wow...this is just like being in a bad relationship.

It's official - I have to let cheese fry go. But dang...I can't quit you cheese fry.

Okay...so for real now...after achieving my awesome goal of running a mile - I make a completely stupid decision of getting cheese fries from work and eating them...at midnight...with hot wings...and bread pudding. Wow...my honesty there just made me want to kick my own self in the butt. But that's what this is about - being honest. The good and the bad parts of my journey. Let me tell you how I felt - at first, the cheese fries tasted really good. Then I started to remember all the posts to me about "great job", etc. on achieving my running a mile goal. Then, the guilt set in. But, a good guilt. So, while I didn't eat all the cheese fries or wings...I know I was disappointed in myself because for one, I really wasn't hungry. And two, I SO could have made a better choice. I'm all about treating myself, but my birthday is coming up - and that would be a time to treat myself...not on a random Wednesday night just because I felt like it. I guess I was just celebrating Wednesday - the middle of the week. (WTF?) That's what has gotten me into the shape I am today - too many "treating myself" nights. So, I know what I have to do. I have to prepare myself with some good, healthy snacks on the way home from work. Because, that is where I loose it. I'm doing good with the exercise part - I now need to develop a little bit more discipline when it comes to food. This. Will. Not. Be. Easy....and I have a sneaky suspicion that cheese fry will not go down without a fight.

Cheese fry: 1   Danielle: 0
But the count isn't over just yet.

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious! The way you talk about your turmoil with Cheese fry sounds just like the turmoil from bad relationships. I see the next Julie and Julia movie being made out of your blog. Maybe it could be called "Weight Watching? How could I miss it?"

    ReplyDelete